Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

My family has always had a tradition of giving each other Valentine's Day presents. When I told this to Justin he responded with a rolling of the eyes and a snickering: "Valentine's Day Presents?!" I sure gave him a hard time when his parents bought Noah a present for Valentine's Day this year! They got him a very cute Valentine's Day book, which we read right after we opened it. Thanks Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Tom!
My mom stopped by tonight to give Noah his present from her and Granny. Granny got him a cute little summer romper. Grandma Debbie bought him some pajamas for next winter. They are size 18 months and look SO HUGE!!! It's hard to believe that he will be that big in a year.
Our little guy still isn't feeling that well. He's got a yucky cough and a running nose. It makes it difficult for him to eat because he's so stuffed up. He's also a little clogged in the other end. I never thought I'd wait with such anticipation for a poopy diaper.

This has been a very hard and long week for me. I feel like I haven't had much time to spend with Noah. He fell asleep at 5 p.m. on Monday night- we woke him up to vasoline him and change him into his p.j.s and put him back to bed. He slept until 6:30 the next morning!

On Tuesday my 4th graders had a concert. Then on Wednesday we had staff development after school until 6:00. It was still going after 6, but a hand full of us who have small kids left even though it wasn't over. One nice thing, my prinicpal told the whole staff about how great the concert was and how nice it was to see how successfull the second language learners are in my class. I also have a student in fourth grade who is a piano prodigy. He won the Stars of Tomorrow competition (again, he won when he was in 1st grade) this year. He performed at the concert, I think it was the first time the principal heard him. He raved about how great he was and told all the staff they should try to get a chance to hear him play. Justin says he gets mad when he hears him play because he's so talented and he is jealous!
We haven't started Noah on any foods yet, still just breast milk but we thought we'd let him experiment with his spoon while we ate. I think he thought the air tasted good. :)
It's getting more and more difficult to change Noah at night and in the morning. I bought this stuffed animal, Classical Casey, that plays 6 different classical pieces of music, at the Music Educators conference last year after I found out I was pregnant. Noah adores Casey and has recently found out that he can grab Casey. First he tried grabbing just the hat. Next thing we knew, he was hugging Casey and pulling his ears. One of the best things I've bought for him: if Noah is ever fussy, we push one of the buttons on Casey's feet, he starts playing music and Noah is grinning from ear to ear!

No comments: