Sunday, September 21, 2008

A VERY Busy Weekend

What a busy weekend we had! It started off by going to see Uncle Aaron's band perform at CU Band Day in Boulder. I posted some pictures below of Uncle Aaron and his band. It was fun to watch his band and more importantly take my mom out to see them perform. Granny isn't doing well at all and I could tell that she was having a hard go of it Saturday morning. I'm glad my dad talked her into going, I think she needed it to get her mind off of things for a bit.

Saturday night we went to dinner at the Shoe's. Tom's brother, Chuck and his wife Laurie are in town until tomorrow. We hadn't seen them since Seth and Julie's wedding so it was great to see them again.

Then today we got a slow start, Justin let me sleep in (thank you J!!!) then he made an apple pie, I got Noah down for a nap and it was lunch time! After lunch we went grocery shopping, Noah took another nap and then went over to my friend Kari's house for dinner. Noah and I met Kari and her son Finn through swim lessons last summer. We hadn't seen them for a while so it was great to catch up with them and finally meet her husband, Adam. Adam is a pediatrician in Broomfield. They are a really nice family and it was great to see Noah play with another baby similar in age. Finn is 18 months, about 5 months older than Noah. He's been walking for a while (since we were in swim lesson in June). Finn was pushing his truck around the kitchen and Noah was chasing after him, trying to keep up by army crawling, it was too cute. You could tell he was having a great time. Justin even said after we left it's nice for Noah to have someone similar in age to play with. Now we'll just have to invite them over for dinner sometime soon!

Here's my "baby" bro- the band director. The pics a little fuzzy, I was zooming in from the stands. I just realized it looks like he needs puppets on his hands :)
His band warming up.

One of the sets during their show.

No comments: