Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Last Day of Summer Break, Ugh!

I am so sad that this was my last day of summer break. I have thoroughly enjoyed spending the summer with my two boys. It was so great taking Noah swimming, to the library, to play groups, to Chicago to visit family, to visit Granny, to play with his cousins, on walks, I just didn't want it to end. I think that going back tomorrow will be even harder than when I had to go back to work last October. I'm quite attached to my little man!

I haven't "blogged" in a little while, so here are some updates:
* Uncle Adam and Aunt Leahna got home safely from their stay in Tacoma. We are glad that they are back in CO but wish we could see them more often.
* My brother's 30th birthday party was on Saturday. That was fun. We played kickball and had BBQ at their house. I got him a really cool remote control General Lee car (from The Dukes of Hazard, I'm sure he would have enjoyed it more 20 years ago, but oh well!)
* Justin went back to school on Monday. The freshmen start school on Friday, so he and his LINKS partner are busy planning for that. The rest of the kids start on Monday, which is when my kids also start.
* Granny is having her stint put in tomorrow. I hope it helps her. She's not eating much, sometimes the tumor sits just so that it blocks her stomach from her esophagus so the food can't get down, the stint should help that opening. (we hope!). Tomorrow is Back-to-School night at my school and I explained to my principal what's going on so I am excused from that. I know my mom is going to need the support. I worry about her just as much as I worry about Granny. Hopefully I will have good news to report.
Noah on the other hand is doing an okay job of eating. We tried Fig Newton's today. He liked them, here his is trying to share with his daddy.

No comments: