Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's Been Busy Here

It's still summer vacation, but we've been very busy here.
Justin's already started having meetings for the LINKS program that he coordinates at Monarch. He has to be at school next week on Wednesday and Thursday for it as well. Then he starts back to school on August 11th.
I start back on August 14th, but have a lot scheduled before then. Some of it work and some of it fun. I have been meeting more moms that have babies Noah's age so we have a few play dates arranged in the next couple of weeks. Noah also starts physical therapy on Thursdays to help him learn to pull up, get into sitting from laying down and to crawl.
We hope to take Noah swimming a few more times before school starts (of course we're going to continue going to the rec center to swim during the school year- our little fish loves the water). There is also an indoor baby gym in Lafayette that I'd like to take him to. It would be a nice break from all the heat that we are getting here.
We've been spending a lot of time at Granny's lately. We just found out she has advanced stomach cancer. My mom and dad have been staying with her 24/7- my mom staying with her over night and part of the day and my dad the other parts of the day. So, the three of us and my brother's family been going over to visit Granny and to give mom & dad some time to go home and get some rest. It's good to spend more time with her and I hope that seeing the grandkids brightens her day.

No comments: