Saturday, August 23, 2008

12 Month Pictures and a Near Tragedy

We had Noah's 12 month pictures taken today. By wording it at "12 months" it doesn't make me feel like he's as old as a year. I can't believe that he will be a year old on Wednesday. This time has gone too fast!

We didn't have the best time at the photographers today. With Kiddie Kandids you get the photographer they give you otherwise I would have requested the gal that took his pictures last time. Today the gal was really impatient. She claimed Noah "needed to calm down" after 15 minutes of trying to get his picture. The problem was she was making loud sounds and acting all crazy, which they need to do with some babies to get their attention, but it didn't work with Noah. She had his attention she just needed him to smile and he doesn't tend to do that when people are acting all crazy like she was. So, we took a break and came back to the studio after walking the mall for a bit and got a couple more photos.
The pictures ended up turning out alright but boy was it an ordeal! Then, when we were walking the mall, getting Noah to "calm down," we had a near tragedy! When we were in Chicago we bought Noah a stuffed "Very Hungry Caterpillar" who got the name "Umbaa" after Noah pointed to it and called it that. Well, Umbaa has become his lovey. He takes it with him everywhere. Umbaa has made many transitions such as going back to Grandma's during the day go smoothly. Well, as we're walking I suddenly realize Umbaa is missing!!! Oh no! My heart starts racing. Justin took off in one direction and Noah & I in the other retracing our steps in an attempt to rescue Umbaa who we're sure that we will never see again. Noah and I frantically go looking in Old Navy, no Umbaa. People are passing by pushing children in the mall's strollers that are the same color as Umbaa. They keep catching my eye, thinking it's Umbaa. Well, outside the Old Navy is a sunglasses stand. As we come out and walk around it we find Noah's lovey, wrapped around the corner of the stand. Whew!!! I have never been so excited about a stuffed animal. I honestly don't know what we would have done had we not found him. I guess we could have ordered one from FAO Schwarz, of course having to have it overnighted. What a relief we found him!
I had to include this: the picture that the photographer liked the best. Really? I felt like saying to her: "I'm spending money to have my baby's picture, you only give me 6 different poses and you want me to choose this one with the hat covering his face as one of them?" Well, she "over-rode" the system so that this picture could be included as she's going to use it in her portfolio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Sounds like a great time at the mall. Noah looks adorable.