Saturday, December 20, 2008

We're On Vacation!!!! (And Noah's scary encounter with Kris Kringle)

It's official, all three of us are on vacation!!! I had yesterday off and took Noah to see Santa Claus. I knew he was going to cry, he's hesitant about strangers let alone those with long white beards in odd red suits. I set him on Santa's lap and he bawled! Poor little guy. And I don't think it will be any better next year!

After the visit with Santa we had lunch from McDonalds in the food court. Unfortunately I took those pictures on my phone and don't have them uploaded. I was totally surprised when he ate more than half of the cheeseburger! I think he might be going through a growth spurt with how much more he's wanting to eat (okay, mainly nurse) and with how much sleep he's getting. He's been sleeping solid through the night from 8:00-4:00 with most days getting up later than 4:00, then nursing and going back to bed until 7:00. And he's been taking longer naps. It occurred to me yesterday as I was sitting there having lunch with him how much of a little boy he's become, he's really not much of a baby anymore. It makes me happy and sad at the same time.
Here he is eating dinner at the Hacienda Colorado. He has learned the fine art of dipping his fries into ketchup, his Aunt Janis would be so proud! :) And yes, he has fries at a Mexican restaurant. He wouldn't eat his burrito or taco but of course had a few bites of cheese!
He's climbing up on everything and everyone. I bet anyday now he will take off walking (as soon as he figures out he doesn't need to hold onto us).

No comments: