Friday, November 21, 2008

Getting Back on the Blog-Saddle

I don't have any recent pictures to post as I am at school, stalling while I wait for 5th graders to arrive to practice for their upcoming concert.

I haven't been a good blogger lately. I've always thought of this blog as a way to share our good news about our family and I haven't been feeling like doing that lately. My dear Granny passed away on November 10th and it's been so hard to feel joyful. I miss her terribly. It was so hard to see her struggle the past few months and I know that she is in a better place now but it doesn't fill the void I feel without her. Monday was odd not taking dinner over to her house for her and my parents. Instead, we had my parents come to our house for dinner. The holidays will definitely be different. We have spent EVERY Christmas together since I was born. She's been my only grandparent since my grandpa Vogelsberg died in 1990, and I am her only granddaughter, my brother her only grandson. I really an appreciative that I had her in my life for 33+ years and am not looking forward to the holidays without her.

I want to thank every for their thoughts and prayers during this time, they have been very much appreciated.

Noah and his cousins are getting their holiday pictures taken tomorrow. We're going to try to get one of Noah, Justin and myself. I'll post them on Sunday as we're going to my friend Kari's for pizza on Saturday night. Her son, Finn, is about 5 months older than Noah. In addition to Finn, there will be another little one there named Hank. Noah, Hank and Finn were all in swim lessons together last summer. It will be great to see them and see how much they've grown. It will also be great to hang out with their parents!!!

No comments: