Monday, May 19, 2008

Last Monday of the School Year!!! Yeah!!

Hurray!! Today was the last Monday of the school year. My last day with kids is this Friday and then we have a work day on Tuesday. Justin's last day with kids is a week from Thursday and then he has a work day on Friday the 30th. But because of Memorial Day today was the last Monday for both of us.

I haven't posted a picture recently of Noah and Daddy, so here are the two guys.
Oops! Where did Noah go? He likes to play peek-a-boo with his dad on the couch with my Mickey Mouse throw. He LOVES that blanket!
There he is! Don't you love how he's grabbing his leg. Ah, to be that flexible!
So, I found out today I did not get that job at the other school in my district that I applied for. It's just as well, I would have only taught music 2/3 of the time and had to have taught literacy or something else for the other 1/3. So, next year will be my 8th year at Indian Peaks, which is a bilingual school. I struggle with not being able to communicate with all of my students. With music being such an aural subject that makes it very difficult and leads to behavior problems. I'm going to do some planning this summer to hash out strategies for the behavioral problems and to make my teaching more effective. (We'll see how much of that I actually get done with the baby boy to play with!) Well, it's the thought that counts, right?

No comments: