Sunday, October 5, 2008

Race for the Cure and other happenings. . .

Noah and I were early birds today, leaving the house at 5:30 in order to walk in the Denver Komen Race for the Cure. Connie Sprenger (now Kurtz) who I went to high school with organized a team, so we walked with "Gladys's Girls" in honor of her mom who passed away in January 2007 from breast cancer. For me the title of her team had another meaning. My Granny (Gladys James) also had breast cancer. She was diagnosed while I was living in Oregon and it's one of the main reasons I moved back to Colorado.

Walking in the race was a lot of fun, and as always, Noah was a champion. He was alert and watching people the whole time. He'd dance when we passed a group that was playing music that he liked and he's smile at people that talked to him. It wasn't until as we crossed the finish line that his hunger started to get to him. We sat down and I fed him his morning yogurt and fruit. He also had some of the cheetos that they gave us in a goodie bag. Made for an interesting breakfast!

We had a great time and I hope that we can do it again next year!


Yesterday we spent a lot of time at Granny's. Aaron's band was marching in the Lafayette Days Parade so we went over there to be with Granny so that my mom and dad could attend the parade. Grandma came home with Ellie. It always makes my heart smile to see him with the girls. He loves them SOOOOO much! He also got some time to play with Uncle Aaron and Aunt Janis. We don't see them as much as we'd like to, especially with Aaron busy with marching band season.




Noah is really getting around and getting into interesting situations. At Granny's house he likes to crawl under her drop-leaf table which requires him to crawl over the bars of the chairs, it's always very amusing to see him do this.
Last night he was crawling under my chair as I was sitting eating dinner. Daddy actually had to help him get out of this situation. Usually he can get himself out of the tight corners that he gets into! What a goof!

We're spending the rest of the day relaxing at home. None of us have been home much this week, me with conferences, J and Noah with dinners at the Shoes'. It's nice to be home!

No comments: