Sunday, February 8, 2009

Playing Hooky

This past Friday I took the day off. It's been a very busy couple of weeks with three nights of parent-teacher conferences and a 2nd grade concert.  Then Saturday I had a workshop and this Wednesday night I have professional development until 6 after school. So, Friday I played hooky.  It was great!  Noah and I got up early and took Justin to work.  After breakfast and playing at our house we met up with Papa, Mary and Ellie at Lamont Does Park in Lafayette.  Aaron (my brother) and I use to bike to this park when we were younger, we took swim lessons at the pool there, played baseball/softball there and tried to learn to play tennis.  They have updated their play equipment, it's wonderful!  Mary and Ellie took Noah down the slide (see above and below) and took him through tunnels.  He cried when it was time to leave because he had such a great time!
We ate lunch with the cousins at McDonald's, ran a errand to Sam's Club and after his afternoon nap we went to the toy store to get more track for his train.  We picked up Justin from school and the three of us went out to dinner and then walked the mall.  Of course we also had to play in the play area while we were there.  Noah's walking more and more each day, getting more steady on his feet each time.  I was so glad that I took the day off, both he and I needed the time spent together!

No comments: