Friday, May 15, 2009

It's Been a While!!!

It's been quite a while since I've blogged!  In that time we've closed on our new house, moved out of the townhouse (cleaning it top to bottom), moved into our new home and painted 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 4 closets, the family room and the dining room (which needs one more coat of paint on the ceiling).  In addition to that, we've been working full time which for me included two more concerts (kindergarten and choir) and serving on the interview committee for our new principal.  It's been a very busy couple of weeks!

I wasn't able to "snap" too many pictures of our move, but here's Noah on the ramp of the moving truck with Auntie Jan.  The truck was the best part of the move for him.  Every time he saw it he got so excited and had to touch it.  The best thing that we did during the move was have Mary watch Noah.  All the adults were able to load and unload the truck and Noah couldn't have been happier hanging out with his favorite girls.  The picture above is our house the morning we first woke up in it.  I took it as Noah and I headed over to Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Tom's (I had to go to school, it was so hard when we all wanted to be at our new house!)
Our house has four bedrooms upstairs.  One, of course, is ours and one is Noah's.  With the other two bedrooms we are able to have a playroom for Noah and a guest bedroom (that hopefully in a year or so will become a nursery for Noah's sibling. . . . here's hoping for good timing this summer!)  For those of you that will be here in January for Leahna and Adam's wedding, we have lots of room for guests!!!  (hint, hint, wink, wink)  
Here's Noah sitting on the futon in his new playroom:  
Here he is in our freshly painted family room.  I really like white walls, so this room is a "shade" of white, if that's what you call it.  It really brightened it up from the yellow/mustardy color that it was.
And here's Noah desperately wanting the camera: it's so hard to get pictures of him.  As soon as I take one picture he has to come sit on my lap and look at the pictures.
Noah is changing and growing up so fast.  He's identifying letters and numbers and starting to say them.  He's got an amazing memory: he'll do something one time and remember it the next day (which sometimes for us isn't good!)  He's figured out how to work the new dishwasher (again, not good for us!), the DVD player, the TV; he's starting putting his clothes in his hamper, the trash in the trash can and following multiple step directions.  I can not wait to spend more time with him and Justin this summer.  We really have our work cut out for us when it comes to the yard and I have a class and finishing up my masters but I am very eagerly awaiting my summer vacation!!!   

Hope everyone is well and I will try not to take so long again between posts!

No comments: